Why We Love It
Where We Use It
Want to go on an adventure, but not sure where to head? This book will give you all the motivation you need, with a ton of terrain, climate, and geographic variety. Yes, the book is beautiful and contains inspirational accounts of trips around the world; but it's also an extremely practical source of information. Would you expect anything less from the guidebook industry leaders at Lonely Planet?!
This new release from Lonely Planet is a collection of 50 first-person narratives on some of the world’s most spectacular hikes, from one-day jaunts and urban trails to month-long treks and mountain expeditions. Prepare yourself for a staggering 200 trips across the globe, with practical information on the best time of year to hike, how to get there, where to stay and what to eat.
Crack it open for instant inspiration!
Some of the hikes featured include:
Africa & the Middle East:
- Cape Town’s Three Peaks (South Africa)
- Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)
- Camp to Camp in South Luangwa National Park (Zambia)
- Angel’s Landing, Zion National Park (USA)
- Skyline Trail, Jasper National Park (Canada)
- Concepción volcano hike (Nicaragua)
- 88 Sacred Temples of Shikoku Pilgrimage (Japan)
- Markha Valley (India)
- Gubeikou to Jinshanling on the Great Wall (China)
- Wordsworth’s Backyard: Dove Cottage and around Rydal and Grasmere (UK)
- Alpine Pass Route (Switzerland)
- Camino de Santiago (Spain)
- Sydney’s Seven Bridges Walk (Australia)
- The Routeburn Track (New Zealand)
- Kokoda Track (Papua New Guinea)