In early June, we shared with our Cairn Community (@getcairn) that we couldn't stay silent on the issue of systemic racism. At Cairn, our goal is to be a source of outdoor discovery for all, so we'll continue to share our gear tips, favorite outdoor experiences, inspiration, and brand stories. However, we're not just back to business as usual.
Our small but mighty team of ten is learning and working hard to put into place actions intended to have an ongoing impact on how we as individuals, a business, a Cairn Community, and an industry do better on the issue of inclusivity in the outdoors. We don't know all of the answers or the best actions, but we are committed to learning and evolving our practices to foster greater inclusion and diversity in our business and the outdoor community as a whole. Here are some of the actions we are taking.
- As a first step, we have signed the Outdoor Industry CEO Diversity Pledge (@outdoorceopledge) and have committed to the actions and process it encompasses. Learn more about the Pledge and the process here.
- We are making a monetary donation to Outdoor Afro (@outdoorafro), a nonprofit organization that has become the nation’s leading, cutting-edge network that celebrates and inspires Black connections and leadership in nature, and we've invited our Cairn Community to help. Learn more about Outdoor Afro.
- Subscribers can now redeem their Cairn Points to donate, and Cairn will match up to $2500. Learn more about earning and redeeming Cairn Points below.
- Additionally, our Co-CEOs, Rob and Jared, have committed to personally match an additional $2500 of donations made by the Cairn Crew.
- We hope to raise $10K+ through these channels.
- We will continue to evolve, learn, and share updates or additional actions as we move forward.
We appreciate you inviting us into your outdoor adventures. Like you, we believe that time outside feeds the soul and that we’re more connected to this planet and the people we share it with when we’re out there. We share the experience of being outside and find common ground when we’re spending time on the ground.
See you out there!
- The Cairn Crew
Cairn Subscribers earn Points for completing tasks, such as reviewing the sweet products they receive. Points can be redeemed for Cairn Apparel, free Cairn Monthly or Obsidian Boxes, and now DONATIONS!
Become a Cairn Subscriber and earn 25 Cairn Points simply for completing your Subscriber Profile.